November 25, 2013

A Tribute... to the Tan Van

The Farmers' Market Season is officially over for Unger Farms.  And I am so terribly sad to announce that life on the farm for the Tan Van is also over.  

Look at this beauty....

Wall's are carpeted, AM radio only, limited power steering at best, and that color, ooooh that color!    This beauty has been on the farm for a good 15+ years.





I have many fond memories of early Saturday mornings, loading up this beast with flats and flats of berries, riding to the Beaverton Farmers' Market sitting in the back where I could only see the sky and tops of trees.  On the quiet morning rides I would try to follow the turns and stops to see if I could guess our location at that moment.  I think that's what gave me a good sense of direction!

16 years old and parallel parking the Tan Van in between booths with only about 3 extra feet on either side was quite an experience.  Thank you Eve and Mike for all the help! (next door vendors who were never afraid to drop what they were doing to help a girl out).

I have loved every memory, every bumpy ride, and every attempt at parallel parking the Tan Van and I wouldn't trade any of it.  It's the little things like this that really make your adventures something to talk about.

Thank you Tan Van, for all the laughter between co-workers, naps during breaks, and parking lessons.  You have been well loved.



And thank you to all our customers for such a wonderful 2013 season!  We are very excited to regroup this winter and have more exciting and fun things for you in 2014. 


P.S. If you miss seeing us at the markets, come visit us at the Farm Store until December 15th! 
34880 SW Johnson School Rd. 
Cornelius, Or 97113







2 comments:

  1. BLAH!!! No one told me - ok no one told me that I remember!! No way!!! I remember the summer the farm bought that beauty. Carpeting inside, soft seats and a radio! I drove that lover van to the Beaverton Farmers' Market many a Saturday. She and I were good friends, had some good laughs, and some rough roads. hehe...If I'm not mistaken this van was the first "big hauler" of berries. Oh my how time flies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you're right! I think we went from the mini van to this! Haha time does fly! I still feel like I'm 12 years old riding in the back when I see it. I miss doing that market with you, too many great memories!

      Delete

09 10