November 12, 2014

Rustic DIY Farm Wedding


We couldn't have asked for a better day, the weather cooled down right when guests started to arrive, everything was planned out perfectly, we had amazing help from our family and friends.... it was just perfect.  The highlight of my day, marrying my best friend.  That just sounds so cliche but it really sums everything up.  Here are some of the photo's from our amazing day...

August 16th 


The easiest thing to do, find some old wood and write on it with chalk, so cute and simple and super quick!  We have a TON of old berry crates (that are legitimately old and they look it) so we just ripped some apart and used the good pieces.





This is pretty cool, my brothers built this stage about 5 years ago for my oldest brother, Will's, wedding... it just sat there waiting for the next wedding to happen and it thankfully aged beautifully to fit with the overall theme of the wedding... old crap. :) 
We purchased the blue flower pots from Lowe's, planted pretty plants about a month before the wedding, watered and loved them, threw in some pretty pink hydrangeas an awesome employee gave me from her yard the day of, and placed them on the stage.  More super simple stuff! 


Hanging from the back of the arch are burlap flowers.  I saw these on Pinterest and absolutely fell in love.  My mother in law and her sister made so many of these and they turned out absolutely perfect.  


We didn't want a typical guest book, but wanted something fun for guests to do, so we put out a jar and paper for "Date Night Ideas".  We got some pretty good ideas! We love going on dates so it was fun to do some of the date ideas that family/friends had suggested.  


The backdrops for the food tables were made completely by yours truly.  :)  I had way too much fun!  My husband is a true jack of all trades, he can build anything, fix anything, think up anything, he's amazing and I've learned so much from him that I was able to build these backdrops from the plan to the finishing touches.  My idea for these backdrops came about because I wanted to give the space a little depth, make it seem a little more cozy and filled up rather than just a blank open space.  I am in love with how they turned out! 


I struggled with how I wanted to decorate the backdrops.  I knew I wanted to use the adorable burlap flowers but I just couldn't figure out how.  When my mom and I get together and start decorating the magic happens... we stood back after messing with many different variations and finally, as if saying "duh", came up with the blue picture frames, burlap flowers inside, and a string of lights above.  She happened to have 4 picture frames she wasn't using, I had the blue paint, so we sprayed them quickly, roughed them up to make them look old and voila! Beauty! 

The picture inside the frame was a gift from my mother in law! She designed it herself, it is so beautiful, I love it so much that I just had to show it off. 


Our dessert table included many delicious treats: sugar cookies to top yourself, peanut butter truffles, many types of cookies, fresh pies, and wedding cake! I'm sure I'm forgetting something else, but we wanted to make sure everyone had something they could enjoy.  And it was a group effort, my mom and I made some, some aunts made others, sister in law and niece made cookies.  It was all delicious!


Our beautiful wedding cake was made by Decadent Creations! It was absolutely delicious and so gorgeous.  Thanks, Mindy! :)


The tables and chairs were lined up facing the stage. The posts were stained, cut and put into the ground by Juston.  He strung the lights above with help from his brother.  We had just enough chairs at the farm to set things up like this, we didn't want to mess with having the ceremony section and reception section as well.  We also wanted our guests to be able to eat before the ceremony... so it worked out great!

Oh and bales of straw for the kiddos to sit up nice and close!


Tables had burlap runners, blue mason jars, flowers from the farm and little jute bows around the jars.  Sweet and simple.



 It's those little touches that make it all special.  So proud to be Mrs. Bell. :) 


I remember standing back and looking at it all set up and thinking "wow, this is exactly how I imagined it".  It really was shaping up to be the perfect day.


Growing up with a HUGE family meant there were lots of weddings to go to and I remember as a kid there usually wasn't much to do.  So my goal was to make sure the little ones were kept well occupied so their mama's and papa's could just watch and enjoy themselves as well.  It seemed to work out pretty great!  We brought over a bunch of things from the Farm Store which helped, like the teeter totter and the kids picnic tables.  We also had frisbee and footballs, tic tac toe, corn hole, coloring books and paper airplanes and bubbles.  Honestly I wish I played with the kids more!






That pretty much sums up everything, we wanted to keep things incredibly simple and laid back. And now for the really fun pictures...

















































My amazing Grandma Unger couldn't make it out to the wedding, so we surprised her! Just after taking a few pictures after the 'first look' we hopped in the car, kidnapped our photographer, and made our way into Grandma's place.  She was so surprised! It was the best thing ever.  These pictures will be well cherished! 















These absolutely fabulous pictures were taken by the amazing Kris Elliott... check out her work HERE and HERE
My make-up and hair was done by my insanely talented cousin Jill Rossetti... check out her work HERE and HERE
Our awesome, delicious, beautiful cake was made by Decadent Creations... check out their work HERE and HERE




DIY weddings are super easy, it just takes a bit of organization, hard work, and focusing on the fact that the day is about the love and marriage of two people, not on the placement of flowers. :)

Thank you to all who helped make our special day truly amazing! We had the best time and want to do it all over again the exact same way!!!

xoxo





1 comment:

  1. This was such a fantastic wedding! The atmosphere was laid back and a ton of fun. The food and deserts were delicious and plenty. The DIY crafts were well put together and let the natural beauty of things to really shine. The wedding was full of family, friends, comfort, and love. A perfect combination for the married couple! Thanks, Laura, for putting this post together and sharing the wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete

09 10