April 20, 2013

Passion

Friday afternoon, a cool and drizzly day on the farm, Matt comes out of his office and says "Laura, lets go for a drive around the farm!"  He is an incredibly wonderful farmer, with a great amount of passion in his heart and whenever he's in the mood for a drive, I take him up on it.

Quality time with my pops is the best thing a girl can ask for.  









We hop in his Ford pick-up and head for the blueberry fields.  Words start coming out of his mouth fast and I'm trying to soak it all in and ask questions if I can catch him taking a breath between sentences.  

His passion is apparent.  



We talked about what he had planned for a specific raspberry field, but changed his mind to possibly get a little more yield earlier than last year... we talk about different practices he's trying out to increase productivity, how they work and don't work.... we talk about old practices he's always done that somehow I never learned about.... and we talked about how I need to get out of the office and learn more about the practices and berries.  :) 



I am truly blessed to be a part of this farm and to see it grow and blossom constantly.  I feel that my parents have done a wonderful job teaching my brothers and I to keep our passion for something alive.  They haven't said it in so many words, but we see it in what they do, year after year.  Not many people can say they would work 7 days a week for 6-7 months straight with no breaks.  It takes passion. It takes drive.  But they do it, year after year.  

It's easy to forget the passion, but little 'drives around the farm' are great reminders. So thank you, dad, for the wonderful reminder to keep the passion going and to slow down just a bit to remember why we work so hard.  




No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10