March 3, 2014

Blueberry Chia Breakfast Cookies




This is one of my all time favorite cookie recipes.  I often do a chocolate chip coconut cookie but I have been craving blueberries recently. I must be anxious for summer and fresh berries from the farm....  I found my original recipe from The Burlap Bag and their 2 Ingredient Cookie. These have fed me many times on those rushed mornings when I might otherwise forget breakfast... I just can't say enough good things about them and the possibilities are endless with how you can personalize them!






Ingredients:
2 large very ripe bananas
1 cup oats (quick cooking or old fashioned)
2 tsp sweetener of choice
1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 1/2 Tbsp Coconut flakes
1/2 cup blueberries

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350.  Place the bananas and oats in a bowl.  Mash bananas at the same time mixing in the oats.  This may take a while if the bananas are not overripe.  When done you should have a gooey dough like mixture with a some chunks of banana.  Add in the remaining ingredients and stir well to get an even coat over the blueberries. Your blueberries might not want to mix in with other ingredients, that's okay!  Spoon out enough dough for 1 cookie also scooping up some loose blueberries, press the mixture in your hands to get those blueberries in there tight.  Place on a greased cookie sheet.  Depending on the size of your cookies you can get about 8-10 cookies.  Bake for 15 minutes.




Enjoy!!!

Laugh, Love and Buy Local







No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10